Friday, February 11, 2011

Near non-existent pulse on the lifeline

What with all the other activity, it's been ages since I've wrote anything in this blog. As a faithful reader, you should already know that I lead a busy life, having some 17 children, being a political activist, writing blogs for a living, and having a part-time job as a programmer, to make a few quick extra bucks on the side.

Also, I've been somewhat employed writing my post-humous autobiography beforehand. It's best I put it all down before forgetting everything. My earliest memories, from about 3 years and so forth, are already getting vague. Beware, kids, alcohol will ruin your memory. On the other hand, alcohol will make you want to reminisce about the good old times, thus improving your memory. Go figure.

So, here's a few (non-bicycling related) thoughts I've been thinking about lately. (The bicycling-related thoughts are in the other blog.)
  • Dimmu Borgir. While I think that it sucks that they kicked out ICS Vortex (and to a lesser extent, Mustis), the new album kicks ass.
  • Peter Hook. He's coming to Helsinki to sacrilege the classic Joy Division album "Unknown Pleasures". Which is good. I don't mind the sacrilegion, I just want to see my idol and witness if the strap on his bass is indeed as lengthy as they tell me. I'd pay money if he sat on the stage and drank beer.
  • Rush. They're coming to Helsinki this spring, and this time we'll have a party! (I don't know what happened the last time. I suppose I was depressed. As were most of the people in the audience.)

4 comments:

Bugg said...

17 children? How do you remember all their names? Oh, and when did this happen?

I like the idea of a post-humous autobiography. If you leave some stuff for later, it will give you something to do to while away time as your corpse decays in the ground. It would probably also be quite popular for the simple reason that part of it was written after death.

While Rush is from an era way before my time, and I haven't listened to them much, I must say that the drumming of Neil Peart is truly amazing. And the size of his drumkit...*dazed and drooling*

Jimbo said...

Good plan dude - for Rush gig anyway. Though I'm not planning a huge party for the gig - it would be sweet enough to even make it there. My sons have to be located somewhere, and since my ex doesn't promise anything, I am struggling to find nursery for my boys during the trip to Helsinki...maybe I take them all with me and dump them with your wife and 17 kids for the nerds night out :D Just kidding, of course. Not.

Ville said...

Bugg: my corpse will not decay in the ground, because I've given my wife specific instructions to have it stuffed after my death and positioned permanently on the couch, as a reminder of our holy matrimony. I'll have to remember to tell her to put a laptop in my lap as well, so I can keep on blogging post-humously until the heat from the laptop ignites my mummified remains.

Jake: I'll have to ask the wife if it is okay for you to dump your 54 sons for her to take care of, but I suppose that's not a problem. But why don't you ask one or two of their 37 grandparents, that live in the same city as you do, to take care of them?

Jimbo said...

Dude, of course I will ask from Grand Designs, erm, Parents first, but there is a slight problem with my dad going to a trip at the same time, and someone should transport my kids to kindergarten, school and daycare, so there is a lot moving pictures, erm, parts here to solve. Oh well, there will be some solution. But I will not dump my boys to your wife, no worries :)