Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cleaning, meditating and burping

Tonight I've been doing what I like best: beer cleaning, or cleaBURRRPning, as I like to call it. You know, having a couple of beers while cleaning the household while having a couple of beers. And cleaning the household while I'm at it. My wife and kid are away visiting relatives this week, and I've been having a relaxing week all by myself. Except my wife gave me two minor tasks to accomplish during the week: 1) work overtime as much as possible and 2) clean the household thoroughly. So I'm afraid this week of sweet, peaceful relaxation might kill me with exertion.

(Wow, they fixed the publish by pressing ctrl-s feature I complained a couple of posts ago. Way to go, Blogger! Yippee-wippee! Wippee!)

But seriously, it's nice to have a lot of things to do. I definitely prefer that to being idle. I can't properly enjoy slacking off anymore, or more accurately, I think I can't, I don't know because I haven't done it in a long time. I need to accomplish something every day to feel worthwhile. I wonder how I will survive the oncoming summer vacation, you know, with all the sleeping-in-the-hammock, wearing-a-straw-hat-and-a-straw-in-your-mouth and spitting-to-the-ceiling kind of stuff. Well, fortunately, you can't just sit around on your hands all day when you have a small kid. They are good at keeping you busy.

I just thought of an aforism of some kind. "Everything is made for hard usage". Take my genitals, for example. No wait, don't, take a human for example. I think that a human feels well when it is put to use instead of just lying around. This also applies to sports cars, sneakers and about everything else. I can't understand people who collect sneakers and never use them. Of course, eventually, things break, when they're used, but usually it does not happen too early if things are used properly, and serviced every now and then.

By the way, here was a thought that was not carefully thought out, but I just presented it to you with a straight face. Actually most of these blog entries are written very fast. This blog is about blurting things out, not thinking them through, dammit!

Might I say, that I wrote this blog entry while I was cleaning. I just did it in my head, and when it was done, attached a USB cable to my ear, downloaded the file to my computer and copy-pasted it here. It's nicer to do it like that, instead of sitting down to write. When cleaning, you don't actually have to think hard, it just happens automatically, while you scrub away.

No comments: