Saturday, February 24, 2007

Aztecism

My life is very disciplined these days. I go to work, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory. On sundays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea. I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and work all day.

But seriously, I don't do much except go to work and stay at home with my wife and kid nowadays. That's how it is with a small child. And that's fine, I like doing ordinary things, sitting in a rocking chair, watching TV, vacuuming, changing diapers, even playing the bass. Sometimes it can be stressful, when there are tons of chores to do (and with a little kid there always are) but not enough time to do them properly. But if I'm not in too much of a hurry, I guess I can go on forever living a nine-to-five life, washing dishes at evenings, sleeping a little bit later on weekends. I kind of like routines. No, I think I like routines a lot.

I suppose that might be boring, but that's what this blog is all about. Boring and cleaning. I seem to write about cleaning a lot. I just like tidyness. I hope I get to writing about nerdy things too, sometime in the future. Yeah, I could write about my work, relational databases and programming.

But I kind of think that usually boring things are boring only superficially. I think anything is interesting, if you just concentrate to it enough, look at it close enough. Minute details of some programming environment are interesting, when you try to understand it all and think about it continuosly. Well, it might not be interesting, if it were not challenging. But on the superficial level, somebody might be bored to death e.g. if I just tried to describe what I do for living. Of course it depends on how you present it. There's a challenge, try to write about tedious things interestingly.

So, expect to read lengthy descriptions about some fluff I found in my navel the other day. And stay tuned for a comprehensive series of essays on my most favorite vacuuming techniques. That might be a good subject.

No comments: