Friday, April 27, 2007

Hair plans

It's Friday again, so here's a new post. This seems to be a nice way to unwind after a hard week at work, having a couple of glasses of wine and writing some blog. It's nice at least if I don't overdo it by writing too many glasses of blog. If that should happen, tomorrow morning will be dreary, because the leathery alarm clock is exact. And you can't turn it off.

But oh yeah, on to the topic, if that's any consolation to you. It probably will not get any more interesting after this. But I've been thinking about getting a haircut for a couple of days. It's funny how hair grows. After getting a haircut, it's tidy for a couple of weeks, but then one morning it's suddenly overgrown with all kinds of tufts sticking out. And my hair seems to grow only on the sides and back nowadays, the top of my head stays about the same (thin). The only places on my body where hair is plentiful are nostrils and... erm, should I be writing about this?

(Side note: since when has ctrl-s meant "publish"? I don't like this Blogger function. Why doesn't it mean "save" like it does anywhere else? Now I always accidentally publish unfinished posts.)

I hate getting haircuts. I quite like the actual sitting in a chair, being groomed, reading a paper. But I don't like getting there. I never reserve haircuts beforehand, for some reason I don't just want to do it. I want to walk into a barbershop and get a haircut at once. Sometimes there's a customer, and you have to wait. I don't like that either. I want it to be simple: walk in, sit in a chair for 20 minutes, pay, walk out. I don't like it if lasts longer than 20 minutes. That's why I always go for the cruddy, cheap joints: they do it fast and rough. Also, there's less of a chance that there's a customer in there, or that they're booked full. And I don't want to pay very much for a crappy 20 minute hairjob. And the place should be near my daily route from home to work. It's not easy to fulfill these requirements. Well, actually, there is a barbershop just like this, but the last time I was there, the barber cut my ear, and now I'm kind of afraid to go there again. And the chair was really uncomfortable.

Sigh. I know I'm making it more difficult than it is. But I partially hope that I would already go bald enough so I could just give it up and shave it all off. I think it would be fun, the shaving, I mean. On the other hand, there's still a part of me that doesn't want to become a giant roll-on. But let's face it, it's inevitable. It's going. It's already kind of see-through on top. And I'm not going to be desperate about it, like eat some overpriced nature product that's supposed to restore hair growth but might as well be horse manure as far as I know, let alone get any treatments or transplants. Yecchh. When it goes it goes.

It's hilarious, no, wait, it's tragical, no wait, it's hilariously tragical, I mean, it's both tragical and hilarious how going bald can be such a big thing for some. Covering it up just does not work, yet people try. Yikes! Ok, that does it, I'll get it cut very short tomorrow. I promise.

Hey, I seem to be about finished. And not too many glasses either. Now for an epilogue. Oh, sod it.

No comments: