Thursday, April 05, 2007

Exciting post

...zzzzzzzzzz What?

Oh, I seem to have fallen asleep in the previous post, it was that boring. Must think of something exciting for this one. Hmmm... well, revealing personal stuff usually seems to work. Opening up publicly to you like this is hard, but I might do it anyway. This feels quite abstract in the sense that there is no "you", as nobody, excluding my wife, seems to have found my blog (must remember to add a counter). And, even though if somebody read this, they would have no way of proving that it is written by me. Except twisting my arm behind my back until I admitted. But still, here I'm writing for all the world. Hi, mom!

Ok, what could I reveal? The weird dreams? That might be impossible to put to words. My dark side? I'm afraid there really isn't one. Honestly. The time I killed... ha ha ha, let's just forget about that. Kidding! Ha, ha. Ha.

Maybe I should just write what I was originally thinking. Here comes the shocking revelation: I'm happy. I just wanted to say that I'm really satisfied with my life today. No irony. I just thought that it would be nice to honestly admit that I'm basically a very happy person, even though it might not show. I love my wife, I love my kid, I like my work. I have great friends and I love them too, even though I haven't much time for them. There's nothing wrong with my life. Sure, it's hard and stressful every now and then, and there is the mortgage to pay off. But I love that too, in a way. It's great to have purposes in life. It hasn't always been so, and I remember how unhappy I've been. I'm getting older and balder, but so what, today I can enjoy the small things in life. Like this, having a moment to myself late at night, listening to music on the headphones, having a couple of glasses of wine, writing this.

No comments: